Tuesday, May 20, 2008

one week left!

Just wanted to send out a quick reminder that your "dreams" are due in next week. We want to get everyone posted as close to the 25th as possible so we can spend the last week of the month reading and responding on each other's pieces. I must admit I sat down to write today and ended up with only a not-very-long paragraph. This has been a good reminder to me that I need a lot of writing practice. I've been working on fleshing it out, trying to recall specifics like color, clothes, face shapes, etc. The problem with writing about a dream is that the more you try to focus on specifics the more slippery it becomes and seems to retreat further away into your subconscious. Don't know if anyone else is having that problem, but if you are then I can sympathize. Still looking forward to reading what you have to say next week. Happy writing!

No comments: